The extension and outreach agent is responsible for the overall outreach, communication, and branding of the MCI products in the field. He/she establishes relationships throughout outreach within the farmers communities (particularly SHF) by participating in events, leading education and awareness, coordination vaccination programs and establishing marketing initiatives.
Specially, the incumbent will:
- Work closely with distributors and veterinary community including veterinarians, veterinary paraprofessionals, and vaccination teams of the project.
- Coordinate with the area coordinator to facilitate the registration prosses of MCI products
- Raise awareness among small holder farmers of the importance of vaccination against major diseases and its impact on the productivity on their animals
- Promote vaccination to help increasing the vaccination rate
- Monitor vaccination campaigns and collect relevant data from vaccinated herds
- Animate the vaccination team network and organize workshops for awareness, training and data collection as required
- Control and validate vaccination data entered by vaccinators in the Mobile Data Collection Application
- Prepare weekly reports describing activities accomplished including sale data, extension data, registration data and vaccination campaign; and submit these report to area coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the area Coordinator
Requirements for the profile
- a veterinarian or a specialized veterinary technician with experience in working in animal health and veterinary practice in the field
- Knowledge of the veterinary drugs market
- Knowledge of product registration procedures and the functioning of veterinary services
- Has strong communication skills
- has a proven track record of establishing relationships through outreach
- provides exemplary customer service
- Working level of English (East Africa)
- Working level of French and English (West Africa)
|Job Category||Sales and marketing|