Within the framework of its commercial development strategy in Africa, MCI developed an AFRICA Plan (Project) and is looking for an Area Coordinator to manage project activities in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda) to support technical and marketing activities and promote the branding of MCI products in the area.
The Area Coordinator will be based in Kenya and is responsible for the overall management of the project at the regional level, working closely with the project team in MCI headquarters (in Morocco), as well as distributors and project outreach technicians in target countries.
Full job descriptions:
- Coordinate and implement the MCI commercial development strategy at the regional level
- Maintain regular contact with key stakeholders including relevant authorities and professional associations in target countries to promote MCI’s commercial development strategy and the branding of its products;
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of each actor involved in the MCI network in the field to guarantee the quality of services rendered;
- Supervise and manage the network of the project outreach and extension technicians and vaccination teams in target countries;
- Develop with the support of distributors a regional annual action plan for project activities including technical and marketing activities, vaccination campaigns, field trials, training, Post Vaccination Monitoring;
- Facilitate and follow up with the relevant authorities on the product registration process in target countries;
- Conduct market research and collect and synthesize relevant data and information;
- With the support of MCI Technical Department, provide specific training to outreach and extension technicians in target countries;
- Promote the creation or development of livestock cooperatives and associations;
- Prepare monthly reports describing the achievements, business development and analysis, budget expenditures, constraints impeding implementation of the project and suggestions for improvement; submit these reports to the AFRICA Project Manager;
- Travel within the region as and when required; and Perform activities required.
- veterinarian or equivalent with working experience in commercial and marketing activities
- Knowledge of the veterinary medicines marketing network, registration procedures and the functioning of veterinary services in target countries
- Has strong communication skills and a proven track record of business development plans and provides exemplary customer services
- knows how to establish and meet marketing initiative goals.
- Familiarity with the regional context is an asset.