The extension and outreach Agent is responsible for the overall outreach, communication, and branding of the MCI products in the field. He/she establishes relationships throughout outreach within the farmers communities (particularly SHF) by participating in events, leading education and awareness, coordination vaccination programs and establishing marketing initiatives.
Specially, the incumbent will:
– Work closely with distributors and veterinary community including veterinarians, veterinary paraprofessionals, and vaccination teams of the project.
– Coordinate with the area or country coordinator to facilitate the registration prosses of MCI products.
– Raise awareness among small holder farmers of the importance of vaccination against major diseases and its impact on the productivity on their animals
– Promote vaccination to help increasing the vaccination rate
– Monitor vaccination campaigns and collect relevant data from vaccinated herds
– Animate the vaccination team network and organize workshops for awareness, training and data collection as required
-Control and validate vaccination data entered by vaccinators in the Mobile Data Collection Application
– Prepare weekly reports describing activities accomplished including sale data, extension data, registration data and vaccination campaign; and submit these report to area coordinator.
-Performs other duties as assigned by the area Coordinator
Requirements for the profile
– a veterinarian or a specialized veterinary technician with experience in working in animal health and veterinary practice in the field
– Knowledge of the veterinary drugs market
– Knowledge of product registration procedures and the functioning of veterinary services
– Has strong communication skills
– has a proven track record of establishing relationships through outreach
– provides exemplary customer service.